PODCAST

Audio Project

Good afternoon! How are you? 
This week, I was working in a Natural Science project to my future students. This project, called "Discovering Living Beings", is focused on 4th grade of Primary Education. In general, there are three sessions of fifty minutes in which students will do a presentation and a podcast in groups, to learn about the vertebrate and invertebrate animals. 

Basically, pupils will learn through a cooperative work, a significant learning and a thinking- based learning. Thanks to these methodologies, they will learn how to work as a team, to solve possible problems, acquire knowledge without forgetting it and to develop their cognitive and critical thinking. Here, I embed you the whole document and as you can see, I used Google Docs.



To explain to my future students the project, I created a podcast. Firstly, a podcast is an audio file similar to a radio broadcast, which can be downloaded and listened to on a computer, mobile phone etc. In addition, it´s one of the most effective activities, because they will develop their digital competence and linguistic communication competence. 

Personally, I carried out the following steps to record my podcast. Firstly, I just recorded the message to my students on my mobile phone. Secondly, I searched for a free jingle on YouTube specially on Audio Library, and I strongly recommend this channel to you. I downloaded a free jingle called Feel Better by Roa Music. Then, I used Audio Trimmer to cut those seconds from my free jingle I was most interested in. After that, I joined the introduction, the message and the ending using Merge Audio. Finally, to give a touch of sophistication and professionalism, I downloaded Audacity. However, you get a great podcast with the previous websites and they are easier to use than Audacity, so it´s up to you. 

When I finished my podcast, I created an audio channel, a playlist in order to share audios with my class and I uploaded my podcast called Discovering Living Beings on SoundCloudTo sum up, SoundCloud is a great platform which allows you to upload audios and share them. Moreover, it encourages pupils to record their own podcasts and to learn while they are enjoying. Without a doubt, I will employ this tool to record some podcasts with my future students. 

So, I´ve embedded you my audio channel, playlist and audio track.

Audio channel: Towards a Technological World


Playlist: Natural Sciences


Audio Track: Discovering Living Beings

I bring yourself to record a podcast and to share it! Anyway, if you have doubts, please don´t hesitate to ask me. You already know my social networks.

Take care and see you soon!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PIKTOCHART

VIDEO PROJECT

BLOG LICENCE AND DISCOVERING OUR WORLD