GAMIFICATION

 

GAMIFICAMOOC

Hello again everyone!

After a long season, I'm back! I've really missed writing here, but better late than never! Today, I want to tell you about a course which is related to Gamification, called "Gamificación en el Aula". This Mooc is developed by AprendeINTEFF, the National Institute of Educational Technologies and Teacher Training.

Image by AprendeINTEF
Image by AprendeINTEF
The author of this course is Clara Cordero and the coordinator is María Brea. The course lasts about a month and each week they share a lesson. I am sure that I will discover many resources to take advantage of. If you want to find more information check it out on Facebook or Twitter with the hastag #GamificaMooc.


This first lesson was about the concept of gamification which has been used from different perspectives. To begin with, Nick Pelling, a video game designer, was the first to coin the term and to establish the direct relationship between the game and the process. However, with Gartner, gamification began to be used and to be heard everywhere. 

Nowadays, the most popular author is Karl Karpp, who says that gamification is "the careful and thoughtful integration of game features, aesthetics and mechanics in a non-game context to promote behavioral change, motivate and engage people". 

Finally, although many of you already know my avatar, I leave it here again. Moreover, for content curation, I will continue using Pinterest where you will be able to see all the content that I will incorporate.

See you soon!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello teacher!
    I'm an English teacher too and i'm taking the same course.
    I'm work in an elementary school in Mexico City.
    What about you?
    By the way, your work is incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PIKTOCHART

VIDEO PROJECT

BLOG LICENCE AND DISCOVERING OUR WORLD